The University of California, Merced Extension teaching credential programs prepare culturally responsive educators for the 21st century. Candidates are trained to effectively support learning and flourishing for every student. Focus includes English language learners and children with disabilities. Program courses integrate research-based content and methods with technology to advance digital literacy. Candidates are mentored by veteran educators who challenge, nurture and inspire.
Working as a cohort, you can obtain a credential in one year through full-time study combined with fieldwork. You can apply for either the Multiple or Single Subject track. You will develop instructional expertise and knowledge of the California Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards with UC Merced Extension's teaching credential program.
Also, you will:
- Use theory to collaboratively guide teaching practice
- Personalize instruction for diverse learners
- Develop lesson plans and effective cross-disciplinary content
- Practice restorative justice and authentic care
- Nurture and educate English language learners through an inclusive class environment
- Develop critical and creative problem-solving for students
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences. This includes colleagues, families, and community.
Courses will be held at the new Downtown Campus Center in downtown Merced during the evening for ease of accessibility and convenience.
Estimated Costs, Tuition and Course Schedule
After we receive and review your application, your program advisor will review cost and potential financial aid options with you.
- Estimated program tuition: $15,3000 - $20,700. (Per unit fee = $450)*
*program cost is dependent on previous coursework and fieldwork
If you missed the recent information seminar, you can view the Multiple or Single Subject Teacher Preparation Program Information Session pdf.
Applications are now being accepted for the Multiple or Single Subject Teacher Preparation Program for Spring 2019. Before submitting your application, please review the Admissions Requirements. After reviewing your submitted application, you may be contacted for an interview. Apply today!